If you are involved in a dispute concerning fair treatment in the workplace, you want an experienced attorney to protect your interests, whether you are a worker seeking compensation for disparate treatment, or an employer looking to protect your interests. Employment discrimination claims often involve complex factual and legal issues. You want a lawyer who understands the intricacies of the law, one who has successfully protected the rights of others in similar circumstances.
At the Law Office of C. Burt Newell, we bring over 30 years of experience to individuals and business owners throughout central and southwest Arkansas who are involved in employment discrimination disputes. We are experienced and aggressive trial attorneys who also have extensive negotiation experience. We will listen carefully to your concerns, so that we can tailor our approach to meet your objectives. We protect the rights of employees and employers throughout the legal process, including appeals.
We represent employees and employers, handling claims involving allegations of employment discrimination based on race, gender, age, religious affiliation, national origin or disability. Many of the claims we handle are pursuant to federal statutes, including claims under:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We handle cases involving allegations of failure to accommodate for a disability as well as wrongful termination because of a disability.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Title VII or the Equal Pay Act.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). We protect the rights of people who either lost their job or were transferred to a different position after taking approved leave.
We also handle employment discrimination claims alleging violation of state laws.
Over our years of practice, we have built a strong network of human resources specialists who have provided expert testimony or otherwise helped us fully understand the details of an employment discrimination claim, including what should have been done in the given circumstances.
As part of our employment discrimination practice, we handle claims alleging sexual harassment, including:
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment — the exchange or offer of a work-related benefit for sexual favors
- The creation of a hostile environment based on sex -- the toleration or promotion of an environment involving sexual references, jokes, pictures, unwanted touching or other sexually offensive acts or items.
All employment discrimination claims begin at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. We will handle all matters with the EEOC, making certain your rights are protected.
Contact the Law Office of C. Burt Newell
To meet with one of our experienced Hot Springs employment discrimination lawyers, contact us or call us at 501-762-0455 (toll free at 866-374-5896). We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.